- Senior Backend Engineer
- Senior Product Marketing Manager
- Head of Design
- Senior UI Engineer
- Site Reliability Engineer
- Customer Success Manager (US East Coast)
- Customer Success Manager (Europe)
- Regional Sales Manager (APAC)
- Regional Sales Manager (EMEA)
- Regional Sales Manager (US – Northeast)
- Regional Sales Manager (US – Southeast/Mid-Atlantic)
- Solutions Engineer (Germany)
SUCCESSFUL, EARLY STAGE TECHNOLOGY INVESTMENT SINCE 1997.
I am currently considering additional investments.
- Billing Specialist
- Data Engineer
- Senior Data Analyst
- Principal Product Manager
- Security Compliance Analyst
- Senior DevSecOps Engineer
- Senior Account Executive
- Senior Account Manager
- Senior Product Manager
- Senior Full Stack Engineer
- Senior Full Stack Engineer – Solutions Engineering
- Senior Frontend Software Engineer
- Senior Security Engineer
- Senior Software Engineer – Core Services
- Senior Software Engineer – Test
- Senior Site Reliability Engineer
- Software Developer – Python
- Software Engineer – Backend
- Software Engineer – Data Platform
- Software Engineer – Test
- Software Engineer – Test (Data Platform)
- Software Engineering Manager
- Staff Software Engineer – Core Services
- Technical Program Manager
- UX Designer
- Future Automox Team Member
In 2013, John founded Tahoma Ventures in order to provide early-stage (Seed and “A”) capital to technology startups around the country.
During his prior three decades in the technology industry—yes, his passion for tech work began in high school—John Ives has been a software and hardware engineer, an entrepreneur, an angel investor, and a venture capitalist.
After earning a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science from the University of Colorado–Boulder and an MBA from Washington University in St. Louis, John was a product manager at Spectra Logic in Boulder. There, he focused on solid-state storage devices (SSD) and memory systems.
He moved on to Symbios Logic, Ft. Collins and Colorado Springs, where he worked for the high-performance data-storage I/O standard product semiconductor business, and then went on to co-found Serano Systems, a fabless storage semiconductor company also in Colorado Springs. John was at the helm of the company’s early sales, marketing and business development efforts prior to Serano’s acquisition by Vitesse Semiconductor in 1999.
John has been an early-stage investor and entrepreneur since 1997. He is co-founder of Chips on the Deck, a networking organization for Colorado-based semiconductor, EDA and embedded system entrepreneurs. He is also the founder of Boulder Angels, which organizes the activities of active, professional angel investors in Boulder County.
John lives in Boulder, Colorado, with his wife Kate. A big fan of outdoor recreation, he enjoys bicycling, running, skiing and snowshoeing on Colorado’s plentiful mountains and plains.